Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Starting A Blog


Starting a blog... This is my new journey into the world of blogging.

To start a blog, you need a reason to drive the blog. As part of our AAA School of Advertising: Digital Strategy course, a blog is a must. My blog is going to illustrate the journey travelled in establishing a successful blog as well as the lessons learnt in this digital space. A successful blog should be one that adds value to the reader; is relevant and is current. Mmm. Tough goals. But I’m sure we'll soon see that it's not as daunting as it appears.

Step 1: Get your Bog Theme
Step 2: Choose a Blog Hosting Site
Step 3: Choose your Blog Name

Great, those steps are bite-sizable. That should be enough for now :)

Step 1.
The purpose of this blog, as mentioned before, is to share my discovery of the digital space... I also want to throw in some juicy personalised aspects of the blog, such as "The Song of The Day" and an awesome graphic. I must say, I am a bit hesitant of the idea of adding pictures to the blog, as I don’t want to waste your time while trying to download the blog. We want everything to be super cool and savvy. Go Jetsetter!

Step 2.
Choosing a blog hosting site is quite exciting. There's a whole world out there that makes this so easy to do! A quick Google search will present you with options of: Blogger.com; WordPress.com and YolaSite.com... As you can see, I've opted for Blogger.com; its reputation speaks for itself. The apps and features of Blogger are said to be on the forefront of the blogging space. We'll see about that ;)

Step 3.
Choosing a blog name is quite a tough one, surprisingly. It's one thing to have a great name and idea to grow your blog into; it's another thing when your hosting site has already let out that name! For instance, my initial thought was to call this blog "Pa Pa Power". Don't laugh. It's a cool name; it's power :) Sadly it was already taken. (Sorry Go Jetsetter for being so candid, we still love your name) This then throws you into a new session of creativity. 'What to call my blog now?' As a means of inspiration, I pulled out my iPod - song titles are a pretty good source of taglines. 'Go Jetsetter' for example, is a song by The Postmarks. But then again, I suppose you've got to have an awesome playlist of songs to find a cool name like ‘Go Jetsetter’. :) If you're stuck for names, I'll gladly throw some good song titles out to you. Who knows, your eyes could be opened to a whole world of awesome tunes...

As easy as that…

True to my word, I leave you with the Tune of the Day: Dead Man’s Bones – Pa Pa Power

No comments:

Post a Comment